What do BMW and Porsche have in common with mountain biking? German engineering, that’s what. At first glance this all-mountain Euro-design looks like a heavyweight, but a quick tap on the carbon frame tells a different story. The frame’s light weight helps ease the pain on uphills but it’s strong enough to handle just about anything from cross- country epics to the nastiest North Shore singletrack. Welcome to the bike game MEC. So far, so good.
We’ve had the pleasure of putting this bike through the ringer for the last two weeks and can’t really say anything bad about it. What’s nice is the unisex factor for parents with little kids who can’t ride together or don’t have the dough to splurge on two bikes.
Ghost AMR Lector EBS Bicycle (Unisex) $2500.00
Made in Germany
Weight: 12.4kg (40 cm)
This all-mountain ride gives you dual-suspension and lightweight carbon for a hard-to-beat price. Pair that with German engineering, and you’ve got yourself a slick high-performance XC bike rigged to endure seasons of cruisin’ and bruisin’. Specially ordered by MEC, the AMR Lector EBS is unique to the Ghost line-up.
- Lector frames use Toray T-700 high molecular carbon fibre frames with a tapered head tube, specific chainstay length, and custom shaped tubing.
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 tires.
- Shimano® 505 disc brakes.
- Rock Shox Reba RL (Rebound and Lockout) Dual Air 120mm tapered fork.
- Rear shock is X-Fusion E1 RL (Rebound and Lockout) 120mm (4.7in.) of travel.
- Shimano SLX front derailleur. Shimano XT rear derailleur.
- Shimano SLX 24-32-42T crank with 10-speed 11-34T cassette.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- Ghost Low Rizer handlebars.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rock Solid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.