You meet some damn nice people when you’re on the road. We were at the massive Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City last week, munching on free tacos outside of the bar one night (thanks for the party GoPro) when we ran into a smiling dude with a beard and a cute blonde girl with horn-rimmed glasses.
“What are you guys doing here?” we asked.
“We’re looking for sponsors for the Sustainable Living Roadshow,” said the bearded guy.
He ripped off a rapid fire list of answers so eloquently and energetically we could hardly take it all in, but he very clearly knew what he was talking about. Turns out he was none other than the SLR co-founder and director Zach Carson.
Sustainable Living Roadshow (SLR) is a caravan of educators and entertainers who tour the country in a fleet of renewable fuel vehicles to empower communities and individuals to utilize sustainable living strategies for a healthier planet. Visiting k-12 schools, university campuses and community festivals across the United States, the caravan sets up off-the-grid eco-carnivals with experiential learning villages, featuring workshops, speakers, and entertainment.
So far, the wheels of the roadshow are only cruising around in the States, but we told he should try and bring the whole shittin’ shebang into our little slice of paradise. Nice people, nice idea!
• SLR is the largest biofuel powered caravan in the country!
• SLR has been a 100% volunteer organization for five years – We are fueled by passion, renewable energy, and determination to change the world.
• Since 2005, SLR and our partners have completed over 700,000 sustainable tour miles through the U.S., West Africa and Central America.
• SLR has worked with over 200 events and produced over 20 events of our own.
• SLR has worked with over 30 national conscious corporations, over 200 local green businesses, and over 1,000 non-profit organizations.
• All SLR events are off-the-grid and striving to become zero-waste events.
• While touring, SLR staff eats organic, vegetarian and locally-sourced food.
• Our touring season newsletters reach over 800,000 people weekly and are highlighted on the websites and newsletters of over 20 major corporations and non-profit campaigns.
• Through SLR strategic partnerships, we are able to capitalize on the networks and viewership of over 20 popular nationally renowned organizations.
• SLR is partnered with a national network of youth activist and campaigns throughout the country.
Check out http://www.sustainablelivingroadshow.org/ for more deets.